Job Opening number: 201553
For International positions:
The United Nations posts job openings electronically on the United Nations Careers Portal (http://careers.un.org) and only accepts applications to job openings electronically via this process.
When applying to a job opening, be sure to submit your application well before the deadline date stated in the job opening as Job openings posted on the Careers Portal are taken off at midnight (GMT-5) on the deadline date.
Once you apply to a job opening, your application will go through a pre-screening process. The process checks the information you entered in your application against the eligibility criteria established for that job opening. Applicants who pass the pre-screening process are eligible for further consideration.
You may search the compendium for available positions and/or create a Job Alert, which allows you the save specific criteria about the type of position you are looking for and receive a notification (via e-mail) when positions that match your criteria are posted.
For National positions:
Prior to applying for a National position, please read the following document: How to apply for UNIFIL positions – instructions (English/Arabic)
As of 1 January 2017, National positions in UNIFIL will be advertised using Inspira platform.
All applications shall be in the Personal History Profile (PHP) format. You may create your PHP using the inspira web-based tool - https://inspira.un.org
PHP and relevant supporting documents shall be submitted electronically using Inpira platform by the deadline in the job opening. Paper based applications submitted through emails will no longer be receivable.
Preference will be given to equally qualified women candidates.
UNIFIL does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
For Individual Contractor (IC) positions:
The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) maintains a roster of qualified and available candidates to fill as needed upcoming Individual Contractor (IC) positions within the mission.
UNIFIL is looking for:
- Skilled Laborers: Carpenters – Welders – Electricians – Plumber – HVAC technician – Aerobics trainer – Tennis instructor – Water and Sanitation Operator – Environmental Assistant
- Unskilled Laborers: Cleaner – Gardener – Cabling – Animal attendant
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications as instructed below:
1. Complete fully and sign an application form (P.11) in English. In your P11, please ensure that details related to your Education and work experience are included, and specify your preferred field of work. You may upload a P11 form using this link (Download P11).
2. Send your completed application to one (1) of the following:
- Human Resources Section, UNIFIL - P.O.Box 199 - Tyre - South Lebanon
- Human Resources Section, UNIFIL - P.O.Box 11 – 7476 – Beirut – Lebanon
- Deposit your application in the designated collection box at UNIFIL Headquarters Force Commander’s Gate.
- Incomplete P11 application will not be considered.
- Submission of a P11 application does not guarantee selection for an Individual Contractor position in UNIFIL.
- UNIFIL does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or any other fees).
21 Feb 2023 to 22 Mar 2023Download PDF (10.45 KB)
Job Opening number: 20143021 Feb 2023 to 22 Mar 2023Download PDF (10.45 KB)
Job Opening number: 20273428 Feb 2023 to 29 Mar 2023Download PDF (8.78 KB)